Localnode Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) governs the use of Localnode’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Localnode regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Localnode’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
You may not publish or transmit via Localnode’s service any content that Localnode reasonably believes:
- Constitutes child pornography;
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- Creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- Clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Localnode; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Localnode by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via Localnode’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Localnode.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must demonstrate all of the following to Localnode’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honour recipient’s and Localnode’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at email@example.com
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honoured within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honoured in 72 hours;
- You must post an firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN-SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Localnode service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Localnode service.
Localnode may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Localnode services.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- You have been expressly authorised by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- You are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner. Localnode will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Localnode network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to: email@example.com Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Localnode to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Localnode to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Localnode network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behaviour, including:
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Localnode network.
- Use of Localnode’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Localnode’s other customers use of the network
Localnode is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Localnode network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.